Back in March I wrote a blog post on the Ultimate Guide to Choosing Your Wedding Venue.
Some couples thought it was a great idea to have questions prepared before touring venues. For that reason, I decided to create a blog post on 30 questions to ask when touring a wedding venue to help you be as prepared as possible and make the best possible decision for you.
Some of these questions should be answered while they are giving you the tour, but just in case you can check them off as you go and ask the ones that did not get answered.
1. What is the breakdown for the pricing?
2. Are tables, chairs, and linens included?
3. How many tables, chairs, and linens do they have? (some venues only have a limited amount you can use.)
4. Do they have round or rectangle tables and what colored linens do they have?
5. Is catering included or do you bring in your own catering?
6. Is there a cheaper meal option for kids?
7. Are vendors included in your guest count for catering?
8. Is there a deposit that needs to be paid and how much is it?
9. Can you have alcohol at the venue?
10. Is there an insurance that you need to get in order to have alcohol?
11. Do you have to hire a security guard if you have alcohol?
12. Do they provide the alcohol or do you bring it in yourself?
13. How many hours is included in the rental fee?
14. When is the last payment due?
15. Are there any decorations that you can use?
16. Is there a cleanup fee?
17. Do you have to cleanup yourself?
18. Are you allowed to get ready at the venue, and how much time do they allow?
19. If it is an outdoor venue, do they have a rain plan?
20. What is the maximum number of guests they allow?
21. What is the minimum number of guests they allow?
22. When do you have to have the menu finalized?
23. Do they have tastings?
24. Can you hold a date and does it cost money to hold a date?
25. How many days is the date held for you?
26. What is not allowed? (confetti, glitter, etc.)
27. Is it a ceremony and reception site or just one?
28. Is there a time that your guests need to be out by?
29. Is a rehearsal included?
30. Do you have to set up or does the venue set up for you?
These are just some of the questions you should ask or make sure they tell you. You will have some specific questions of your own so feel free to add some questions to this list for your own personal checklist when touring wedding venues. We hope this blog post helps you in this exciting time in your life, and comment below if you have any questions for us!