Half of the planning for a wedding is making sure your guests will have fun. You want your wedding to be memorable and enjoyable. Plus, you probably don’t want your guests sitting in chairs all night – you want them moving! Here are 5 interactive wedding ideas that will keep your guests entertained!
1. Lawn games: A great way to get your guests active at your wedding and engaged in some friendly competition is lawn games. There are so many fun games you can host but a couple of basic ones are cornhole, Jenga, and ring toss. You can get extra creative with a giant Connect Four and even tic tac toe!
2. Photo Booth: A really fun DIY photo booth idea is to set up a backdrop and provide Polaroid cameras for your guests to take pictures with. You can ask your guests to take two pictures, one to keep and one to leave. This way at the end of the wedding you have a bunch of pictures of your guests throughout your reception. This also gives your guests a really fun activity that also creates great memories at your wedding.
3. Unique bars: There are tons of bar ideas to host at your wedding to engage your guests. This is a really great way to give your guests a customizable experience! The key with this is to have a base item and then TONS of topping options for your guests to choose from. You can go the dinner route with a taco bar or a loaded mashed potato bar, put together a popcorn bar for snacks, or have a candy or ice cream sundae bar for dessert. The options are endless, so have fun getting creative with your ideas!
4. Guest Photographer: Something that can be really fun for your guests is to give them a chance to be the photographers! You can leave some disposable cameras on the tables and let your guests take pictures of their own. Then at the end of the wedding, you get to see your friends’ and family's perspectives of the wedding from the photos they took.
5. Casino Night: You know your crowd the best. If they’re not dancers (or even if you’re just not big into dancing yourself), you might consider doing something else to keep your guests entertained throughout the night. At Four Oaks, we recently had a couple throw a casino themed wedding. Instead of filling the dance floor with speakers, they filled our Carriage House with casino tables they rented from a nearby casino party rental company. Their guests loved playing Poker, Blackjack, and Craps throughout the night. Not only was this a fun twist to their wedding, but it also gave the couple a chance to connect with their guests more throughout the night.
Your wedding can be interactive and entertaining. By incorporating interactive ideas such as these, you give your guests more freedom to move around during the reception. We’d love to know if you’ve tried any of these ideas! Let us know in the comments if you’ve used these ideas for your wedding or if you have other fun and interactive ideas to share.
Couples who read this also read DJ Aaron Elya.
Host your fun and interactive wedding at Four Oaks Manor!